We conduct executive searches for Executive Directors, Fundraising/Development Directors, Hospital Foundations and other nonprofit leadership
The Moran Company LLC specializes in nationwide executive searches for fundraising/development Directors, Executive Directors and other senior positions—who get results. We only serve the nonprofit community.
Because we have the right background and the right contacts—and we’re ready to put them to work for you. Whether you’re seeking to fill the position of Director of Development, Executive Director, Hospital Foundation Vice-President or other senior position; our executive search process will help you find the best candidate.
Why choose us? Four good reasons:
1. Personal service from a senior nonprofit leader. The executive search will be conducted by veteran recruiters, Bill Moran, Paul Gemeinhardt, and other Associates who have over 150 years combined experience in fundraising/development and as Executive Directors. As we have grown, we have added other seasoned nonprofit executives who previously served as Executive Directors and senior fundraising directors. Your search will never be delegated to a junior associate.
2. Our background and experience is in nonprofits. We do not have other lines of business. We only do recruiting work and we only work with nonprofits. Since 1996, The Moran Company has provided fundraising consulting to over 100 nonprofits across the country. Eight years ago Bill Moran and Paul Gemeinhardt moved to specializing in searches for nonprofit fundraising/directors of development and Executive Directors. Working with hundreds of nonprofit staff has provided us with special insights into the type of individuals who make successful fundraisers and executive directors. We know what the good ones look like.
3. We know how to identify fundraising/development directors, Executive Directors and other senior leadership because we have been in those positions. Our team has “hands on” leadership experience as nonprofit Executive Directors, development directors, hospital foundation staff, and consulting with nonprofits. This direct involvement in the nonprofit world has given us special insight into the dynamics of nonprofit leadership. Candidates view us as their peers. We limit the number of searches we do at any given time so as to allow quality searches.
4. We have an extensive nationwide network of contacts in the nonprofit sector. We’ve done searches and consulted with nonprofits across the United States. We have worked with expert nonprofit leaders and fundraisers in the process. We’ve also trained nonprofit staff nationally through our fundraising web seminars, on-site trainings, and regular speaking engagements to nonprofit associations. This has given us a national network of contacts for searches.
We are proud members of the following nonprofit search, fundraising and human resource associations:
- Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP)
- Network of Nonprofit Search Consultants (NNSC)
- Association for Healthcare Philanthropy (AHP)
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
- American Society for Healthcare Human Resource Administration (ASHHRA)
- Nonprofit Connect.
We’ve developed extensive connections with fundraising experts and Executive Directors in every part of the country. This national network enables our executive search process to recruit the best candidates — even the ones who aren’t actively looking.